Food and Dining in Seaside, Oregon
Yum Yum! Who is Ready to Eat?
Seaside / Cannon Beach / Gearhart / Arch Cape / Manzanita !
Dining in Seaside, Oregon is the perfect experience for the entire family, or for a cozy oceanfront romantic dinner for two. Many places feature fine dining and provide a wonderful dining experience while others provide specialty foods prepared to perfection. Continental-American cuisine, as well as fresh seafood, pizza, Italian, Mexican, and many other types can be found in Seaside, Oregon.
Dungeness crab, oysters, salmon, shrimp, albacore and tuna are served in a variety of ways. Many local restaurants have won awards across the U.S. for their specialty dishes as well as local wines and beer. Downtown Seaside has a few old fashion malt shops, bagels, coffee houses, ice cream parlors and some great candy stores for that after meal snack and stroll.
We have decided to share with you some of the favorite spots of the locals. If an establishment is not on this list, that certainly doesn’t mean that it isn’t good. We obviously cannot list them all!
One question that locals get asked constantly by visitors is where to find the best seafood. Obviously there is a lot of it here, and most restaurants do an excellent job of preparing it. Here are some of the more popular seafood places that the locals frequent:
- Dooger’s Seafood and Grill: 505 Broadway in Seaside, (503) 717-8888
For over 30 years, Dooger’s Seafood and Grill has enjoyed a reputation for serving some of the finest seafood to be found on the Oregon Coast. You’ll not only enjoy a fantastic meal but also the service and atmosphere that locals have come to count on.
- Norma's Ocean Diner: 20 N Columbia in Seaside, (503) 738-4331
Popular for their clam chowder and found in many guide books as a "do not miss."
- Bell Buoy:1800 S. Roosevelt (Hwy. 101) in Seaside, (503) 738-6348
Have lunch indoors or on the patio by the river. Pick up some take-out for your picnic, or purchase fresh seafood to cook at home.
Breakfast & Brunch
Whether you’re looking for a place to relax over breakfast, or a quick bite before heading out for a fun day of activities, Seaside has plenty of restaurants and cafes that can fit the bill. Here are a couple of suggestions:
- Pig ‘n Pancake: 323 Broadway in Seaside, (503) 738-7243 : Breakfast all day, lunch, and dinner. Family-friendly, and they have a great gift shop!
- Firehouse Grill: 841 Broadway in Seaside, (503) 717-5502 : Catch this diner with a fancy twist, teriffic menu of American classics done a little differently. Hearty portions sure to satisfy.
- Seaside Golf Course: Highway 101 and Avenue U, (503) 738-5261 : Great American style food with a view of the first green. Huge pancakes and affordable prices. Local favorite to fill up.
- Shilo Inn: 30 North Promenade in Seaside, 503-738-8481
Oceanfront champagne Sunday brunch at The Turnaround.
If you think of raw fish and seaweed when you think of sushi, think again! You can get delicious Japanese food, fully cooked, and even fish-free if that’s what you’re looking for, in Seaside. If you’re looking for Thai, you’ll find it just a short drive up the highway in Astoria. We also have great Chinese food for dine-in or take-out. Here are some suggestions:
- The Great Wall: 4340 Highway 101 N. in Gearhart, (503) 738-4108
Opened daily, with lunch and dinner specials Mon-Fri. "Voted Best Asian Restaurant in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2013" by Readers of Coast Weekend.
- Tora Sushi Lounge: 619 Broadway in Seaside, (503) 738-5226
If you Love sushi don't miss this stop = we have been around the world and have not been able to find a better roll than at Tora's. Expect a wait if it is a busy weekend because this place will pack out quickly with locals but kick back and relax with us = it's the beach and keep the rolls coming!
Pub Style Food
Most of these places have a family-friendly dining area, and live music on the weekends.
- McMenamins Sand Trap: 1157 N. Marion in Gearhart, (503) 717-8150
Happy Hour, Kid Friendly, Fireplace, Outdoor Balcony, Late Night, Live Music, Free Wi-Fi. Try fresh-cut French fries or sweet potato fries. In addition to their traditional pub-style offerings and pizza, there are healthy and vegetarian options such as bean-and-rice bowls, hummus plate, salads, and their own delicious veggie Hammerhead Garden Burger.
- Dundee's Bar and Grill: 414 Broadway St. in Seaside, (503) 738-7006
Casual American restaurant & sports bar with darts, shuffleboard & pool serving burgers & pizza. They also have an attached donut shop if you are looking for a quick bite in the morning.
- Sam's Seaside Café: 104 Broadway in Seaside, (503) 717-1725
Known for their fantastic burgers!
Ethnic and European Style Dining
The North Coast area has many ethnic dining options to tantalize your taste buds. If you are willing to take a short drive north to Astoria, you will find even more, such as Himani Indian Cuisine, Blue Ocean Thai, and Fulio’s Pastaria and Steakhouse. Here are some local Seaside area favorites:
- Una Ves Mas Mexican Restaurant: 714 Broadway, Seaside OR, (503) 738-6068
Fantastic Mexican food with Baja Flavor, friendly service. If you want a spicy experience like no other order the jalapeno margarita and molcajetes = fantastic!
- Pacific Way Bakery and Café: 601 Pacific Way in Gearhart, (503) 738-0245
European style dining in a cozy café setting, Pacific Way has unique and delicious daily specials in addition to their menu, and they make incredible pizza as well. The bakery is open weekend mornings throughout the year, and Thursday through Monday mornings in the summer. The bakery offers scrumptious European-style pastries and breads to eat in with your espresso, or to take with you.
- Nonni's Italian Bistro: 831 Broadway St. in Seaside, (503) 738-4264
Compact, family-run bar & eatery with a warm ambience serving fresh pasta & other Italian classics.
Other Beachy Favorites
So, where do the locals like to go when we just want to grab a tasty bite to eat? If you are still reading, here are a few of our favorite spots for a quick and yummy daytime meal.
- Bagels by the Sea: 210 S. Holladay in Seaside, (503) 717-9145
Terrific bagels and spreads made on site, tantalizing bagel sandwiches, and outstanding espresso drinks. Eat in, or pick up your order at the drive-thru. Open daily for breakfast and lunch.
- The Stand: 109 N Holladay in Seaside, (503) 738-6592
The Stand might be Seaside’s best kept secret! This is not your typical American-style Mexican food. Each healthy, fresh, and tasty dish is hand-prepared by owner and professionally-trained chef, Jose. Their menu has several options for vegetarians and vegans, and the prices are as incredible as the food! Open weekdays from 11 to 5, and open Saturdays in the summer. Cash and checks only – no cards accepted.