Let's Book Your Rental From 01/29/2024 to 02/05/2024
Copyright © 2023 • Seaside Vacation Homes
All Rights Reserved.
1. Agreement: The individual who made the booking along with the signing responsible party at check-in will hereforth be referred to as the “guest” entering into this agreement with the servicing entity VROPCO LLC (VRO). Contracts will be sent via email unless requested otherwise. Phone reservations may cancel without fee within 48 hrs. of the booking date if unwilling to agree to the recorded dates and Terms & Conditions of contract. Failure to notify the property manager VRO of cancellation within this time period implies agreement to all policies, terms and conditions.
2. Confirmation: Reservations are not fully confirmed until reviewed by a reservation agent who will contact the guest via phone to verify online bookings meet pricing, availability check and minimum stay guidelines.
3. Responsibility: The guest acknowledges responsibility for and on behalf of all parties on the premises to the terms and conditions of rental. Failure to comply with the rules of the property and the terms and conditions of this contract by any individual on the premises associated with the Guest will be the sole responsibility of the Guest and be considered a material breach of this contract. The guest further agrees to be responsible and liable for the actions and safety of every person in their group.
4. Occupancy: The Maximum Occupancy for this property for both persons and vehicles as listed on the website may not be exceeded at any time. Vehicles must not exceed the amount stated on the rental agreement and must be parked onsite. Vehicles visible from the property operated by persons at the property will be deemed associated with the property and in violation of the occupancy limit. Occupancy of persons will include anyone above the age of four on the premises. Occupancy violation will be cause for immediate eviction, forfeiture of all rental fees and assessment of an additional $500 fee.
5. Pets: Unless indicated by the website that the home is pet friendly, domestic or commercial animals are not allowed on the premises at any time. Any sign of a pet on the premises and/or associated with the guest`s group will be cause for immediate eviction, forfeiture of all rental fees and assessment of an additional minimum $500 fee.
6. Unavailability Provision: This property may become unavailable due to circumstances outside of VRO’s control. Examples include but are not limited to: destruction or severe damage due to weather. In such event VRO will make alternative arrangement for guest when possible. If VRO cannot, or if the alternative arrangements are not acceptable to guest, a full refund of all monies paid will be issued. This will be the full extent of Seaside Vacation Homes / VRO and the home owners liability to the guest in such circumstances, and VRO will not be responsible for any other costs connected with any such cancellation, howsoever arising. Additional Travel Insurance to cover airfare and other expenses may be available through third party non-affiliated vendors by googling “trip cancellation insurance.”
6.5 COVID Opt Out: Guests will receive a 100% refund of all payments received after 3.23.2020 if a travel restriction or quarantine is in place from your local or federal government inside 30 days of arrival due to the COVID crisis or another WHO declared Pandemic.
7. Grill / BBQ: Guest agrees not to leave barbeque grill unsupervised when in use and to have a fire extinguisher on hand in case of a fire. Guest agrees to use barbeque grill away from any object that may be combustible namely property walls.
8. Disclaimer: VRO assumes no liability for damages, expenses or inconveniences due to loss of services out of its control.
9. Indemnify and Hold Harmless: The guest agrees to indemnify and save and hold harmless VRO, Tolan Enterprises Inc. licensing SeasideVacationHomes.com (its officers, employees, agents and equity holders) and the Owner of the Property from any loss, liability, damage, or cost they may incur due to their presence in or upon the areas with naturally risky conditions or otherwise.
10. Smoking: Guests may only smoke outside the property and are responsible for disposal of waste in proper receptacles. Violators of this policy are subject to an additional minimum $500 fee.
11. Minimum Age: The premises are to be occupied by the guest named on the rental agreement. Only adults (25 years old and older) may reserve and must occupy the property at all times when children are present.
12. Cleaning: Cleaning fees paid by guests do not cover wear, damage or neglect of property during guest use. Guests agree to maintain a clean property but are not expected to perform a deep clean prior to departure. Guest agrees to pay cleaning costs in excess of amount collected.
13. Booking Payment: Balances are due in full 90 days prior to occupancy. If the guest books within 90 days of arrival the card submitted at the time of reservation will be charged in full at the price quoted above (no processing fee is assessed). For bookings made more than 90 days prior to arrival checks are acceptable up to the due date at no additional charge. The guest agrees to have all balances owing after the due date to be placed on the credit card used for the deposit and agrees to the additional $50 convenience fee to be assessed at that time. If balances are not paid in full at the time of booking with a credit card there will be a $50 convenience fee to make additional payments by credit card.
14. Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel you will forfeit $200.00. If you cancel "within" the 90 days prior to your arrival date, this will result in forfeiture of all rental fees unless the property is re-booked for those days.
15. Transfer: Rental Agreements are not transferable to another party without VRO administrative documentation.
16. Legal: In the event VRO must bring action to enforce any provision of this agreement, declaratory or otherwise, the guest agrees VRO shall be entitled to collect any award, judgment or decree of any court, arbitrator or other forum’s presiding officer, and VRO will be entitled to recover its full costs and disbursements together with, without limitation, its full attorneys’ fees, arbitrators’ fees, mediation fees, expert witness’ fees, discovery costs, deposition costs, investigation costs, other legal expenses and all other related expenses incurred in connection with such dispute and any proceeding relating to such dispute, regardless of the amount the court, arbitrator or other forum’s presiding officer may adjudge reasonable at trial, arbitration, proceeding, on any appeal of such suit, action, arbitration or other proceeding, and in any bankruptcy proceeding.
17. Privacy: All credit card information is kept confidential and encrypted to prevent unauthorized charges.
18. Travel Insurance: Vacation Rental Insurance has been made available with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance provides coverage for the loss of prepaid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage is available for events such as a sickness or injury of yourself, family member or traveling companion; flight delays due to adverse weather; interruptions of road service; terrorist acts; and mandatory evacuations. The plan also includes other valuable coverages such as Medical and Dental, Baggage, and Emergency Assistance and Transportation in addition to useful services such as identity theft, concierge and 24/7/365 emergency assistance. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. Additional terms and conditions apply; please read your Description of Coverage/Policy carefully and contact Generali Global Assistance at 866-999-4018 with coverage questions. You can review the Description of Coverage or Insurance of your Purchased Policy here: https://www.csatravelprotection.com/certpolicy.do?product=G-330CSA
19. Choice of Law: The laws of the State of Oregon shall govern the validity of this Agreement, the construction of its terms and the interpretation of the rights and duties hereto.In addition, any controversies arising out of the terms of this Agreement or its interpretation shall be settled in Portland, Oregon, in accordance with the rules of the Arbitration Service of Portland, Inc., and the judgment upon award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
20. Pools / Hot Tubs / Jacuzzi Tubs: The guest acknowledges if the property is equipped with a private pool / hot tub / jacuzzi tub and/or has access to a community pool / hot tub / Jacuzzi tub (the“Facilities”), Guest hereby accepts and agrees to the following: a. Guest shall ensure that the Facilities are used in a safe manner at all times and that non-adult use of the Facilities is supervised by a qualified and capable adult. b. Unsafe and/or unsupervised use of the Facilities by Guest or Guest’s guests is a material breach of this contract and shall permit VRO to terminate IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT NOTICE Guest’s occupancy of the Property. c. Guests are prohibited to tamper with chemicals or equipment. If Guest is found to have tampered with chemicals or equipment, the Guest will be responsible for any expenses incurred. d. Guest shall indemnify and hold Seaside Vacation Homes, Tolan Enterprises Inc, VRO (its officers, employees, agents and equity holders) and the Owner of the Property harmless from and against any and all liabilities, claims and expenses for personal injury or property damage resulting from unsafe and/or unsupervised use of the Facilities by Guest or Guest’s guests. Pregnant women, persons taking medication, elderly persons, those with diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or other cardiovascular conditions should consult their physician prior to entering a hot tub. Persons under the age of 12 are prohibited from entering hot tubs at any time. Removal of chemical dispensers, misuse and/or overuse of hot tubs may result in health related problems, such as folliculitis. –Warning: Use of any hot tub carries risk that may result in serious injury or death. NO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12 ARE PERMITTED TO USE OR INTERACT WITH THE HOT TUB AT ANY TIME. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (ACOG) state that becoming overheated in a hot tub is not recommended during pregnancy. Elderly persons and anyone subject to heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, strokes, epilepsy or similar afflictions should not enter the hot tub without consulting their physician. Never use a spa while under the influence of drugs or alcohol or if you are taking medications of any kind, or being treated for any illness. The spa should be kept at a temperature less than 104 degrees for personal safety and all bathers must shower before and after use to decrease the possibility of skin problems. DO NOT SIT OR WALK ON THE SPA COVER, or it will collapse. Supervise children at all times to decrease risk of injury, death or drowning.
21. Accidental Damage Fee: If, during a Stay at a Rental Property a person causes damage as a result of inadvertent act, this non refundable fee will be used toward that cost. Guests will be responsible for all additional costs above and beyond the fee.
22. Fire Logs: Use only commercial long burning logs in the non-gas fireplaces.
23. Doors Locked: Doors should be kept locked when the property is not occupied.
24. RV/Boats: Trailers, Campers, RV`s, Tents or Boats are not allowed on or parked near the premises. Public RV/Trailer/Boat parking is located off Broadway and Hwy. 101 at the Chamber of Commerce.
25. Children: Seaside Vacation Homes / VRO properties are not childproof nor does VRO represent them as such and thus requires children to be supervised by an adult at all times. Amenities such as furniture with sharp edges, fireplaces, games with small pieces, knives, cleaning products and other examples known and unknown pose safety issues for children. Guest claims understanding, acceptance and responsibility for these risks upon booking.
26. Danger Disclosure: There are many risks and dangers inherent to this mountainous/river/ocean terrain that could jeopardize both health and life, specifically including but not limited to perilous rock cliffs, waterfalls, and fast moving currents of water, wild caves and caverns. Walking on nature paths or swimming in the river/ocean is at your own risk. Each person who arrives on the property does so at their own risk and accepts full liability and responsibility for that risk and whatever occurs to them while they are on the property. Each child who arrives on the property must have a guardian and that guardian accepts full liability and responsibility for the care and welfare of that child. The property owners cannot be held liable or responsible for harm to you or other individuals from your carelessness, the carelessness of the individual harmed, or the carelessness of others. The property owner cannot be held liable or responsible for any harm or damage caused by acts of nature or God. Each person accepts full liability and responsibility for their own actions and their own possessions. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
27. Additional Fees: The guest agrees to pay any additional fees associated with repair or violation of these policies using the credit card submitted upon booking. If this method of payment is unavailable the guest agrees to be personally responsible for payment of assessed fees by cash or check within 15 days from the departure date. If the guest is unwilling or unable to pay assessed fees within 15 days from the departure date, the guest furthermore agrees to pay a late payment penalty of 10% of the balance owned calculated and cumulative on a monthly basis. The guest agrees to be financially responsible for all additional costs of collection included but not limited to: legal, attorney and administrative. Administrative fees will be billed at $100/hr. starting at first notice of balance past due.
28. Behavior/Damage/Loss: A good neighbor policy is posted at each property and is to be followed at all times. Do not permit any acts on the premises that violate any state law or rules of the management. Do not destroy, damage, deface, or remove any contents or permit any person to do so. Guests are liable for all theft, damages to furnishings and damages to property during their occupancy. Guests must report any damage found at property so that VRO can track to the correct party. Guest agrees to be responsible for any cost incurred due to behavior, damage, theft and/or loss.
29. Good Neighbor Policy: Seaside Vacation Homes are located in a mixed-use neighborhood that includes both short-term guests and year-round residents. We want you to enjoy your stay, but not at the expense of the neighbors so please be considerate of the neighbors with your noise and activities. Parking is limited at all homes and at most properties there is absolutely no street parking.
30. Noise: No guest shall create or permit to exist any nuisance. Please respect the rights of the neighbors by restricting sound and noise to a reasonable volume.
31. Use: Guests shall use the premises only as a dwelling and not as a meeting place for individuals not staying at property when additional visitors exceed city mandated person occupancy and/or vehicle occupancy.
32. Termination: Guest agrees that any violation of the Terms & Conditions lease will be grounds for immediate eviction, forfeiture of all rental fees and assessment of additional fees by VRO. Guest furthermore agrees Oregon State Law: ORS 90.11(6), ORS 164.245, ORS 164.243 will apply to this contract.
34. Enforceability: The guest expressly agrees that the foregoing agreed upon terms, release, waiver and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law and that if any provision is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
PETS are allowed with PRIOR approval as indicated on your reservation with the presence of line item pet fee charges: We know for many guests pets are like children. For this reason, pets are allowed with prior approval, and provided pet and pet owner agree to the following conditions:
P1. Supervision: All pets must be under the complete control of a responsible guest, and must be on a hand-held leash at all times when not in a fenced yard. The Guest agrees NOT to leave pet(s) alone TO ROAM FREELY THROUGHOUT THE HOME. Kennels or crates should be used to house pets when owners are not visually supervising pets.
P2. General: The pet is housebroken, flea free, not prone to shedding, and not prone to damaging property.
P3. Registration /Nightly Fee`s: The pet owner pays a one time per pet “Registration Fee” and a nightly rent fee for each pet of $32 night/pet.
P4. Furniture: Pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds, unless a protective cover is used provided by guest. Guest agrees to pay an extra pet cleaning fee billed at $15/hr if excessive hair is found.
P5. Damage: Guest agrees to pay the repair cost assessed by VRO for any damage done by a guest’s pet, including but not limited to chewing furniture, staining carpet (pet urine), scratching glass, scratching doors.
P6. Waste Removal: Guests must pick up after their pet when the pet does its business, whether on Seaside Vacation Home property or other areas, and dispose of waste in a proper container. GUESTS WILL BE CHARGED A FEE OF $10.00 FOR EACH POOP REMOVAL.
P7. Behavior: We do not limit pet size or breed, however aggressive or unruly dogs are not welcome for the safety of other guests and children in the area. If we receive one or more complaints regarding barking or aggressive pet behavior, the guest, with their pet will be asked to leave with forfeiture of all rents and security deposit.
P8. Vaccinations: Guests must provide certificate that the pet is up-to-date on rabies/all vaccinations
P9. Pet Noise: The Guest agrees to monitor pet’s noise so that neighbors are not disturbed.
P10. Indemnify / Hold Harmless: The pet owner agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend rental owner against all liability, judgments, expenses (including attorney’s fees), or claims by third parties for any injury to any person or damage to property of any kind whatsoever caused by their pet(s).
P11. Payment / Damage Security Deposit: The Damage Security Deposit will be reimbursed by the 5th day of the following month provided there are no additional fees assessed. Guest agrees to VRO receiving payment using credit card on file and/or deducted from the damage deposit if repairs or other fees are assessed. Guest further agreed that their liability shall not be limited to the loss of the Damage Security Deposit.